Some quotes on leadership by renowned author John Maxwell.
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.
People never care how much you know until they know how much you care.
A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.
Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.
People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision.
For those who are in leadership positions or for those who intend to be in one someday, here are 5 leadership levels to keep in mind.
1. The “BOSS” – Authority without attitude and character. Throws around weight. Attracts negativity and ridicule.
2. The leader who is a Friend– Understands people. Makes people feel comfortable. Most times, due to the friendly – cause no harm attitude fails to deliver optimal results.
3. The leader who is a friend but also result oriented – Is able to balance being friendly while ensuring the team is able to deliver on results.
4. The leader who is a result oriented friend and focuses on individual growth – Focuses on personal and professional development of team mates, as they deliver results.
5. The leader who creates empowered individuals who go on to create other leaders. – Master at the art of creating leaders.